Video Screencast Help

Backup Exec 2012 - Accidentally Removed Server.

Created: 26 Feb 2013 | 5 comments

I accidently removed a server from backup exec 2012 (I only meant to remove it from the group).

I have re-added the server without any issues, however it is not showing that the server has been previously backed up, even though when i drill down into backup sets it can see the previous backup jobs. 

How can i get the server to see that a full back up has been run previously in order to get the Daily Differential jobs to run between now and the next full backup at the weekend. 

Operating Systems:

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Sush...'s picture

Hello Lee,

Just backup any small file from that re-added server and it will show the data it had backed up.

Hope this piece of Information Helps you... and if it does then mark this response as Solution....!!!

lee harries's picture

I have tried this but the next differential still wont schedule to run untill after a full backup has been completed. 

VJware's picture

If a server is removed from the list at Backup & Restore tab, the associated jobs are removed as well...I dont think it is possible for BE to recognise if a full backup was run earlier after adding the server again...only way would be to run a full backup again & then run the diffs.

CBoe's picture

I am having this same issue.  Isn't there some way to tell BE 2012 that it has been backed up?  Just seems like there should be something like that in there.