Video Screencast Help

Backup Exec 2012 - Accidentally Removed Server.

Created: 26 Feb 2013 | 5 comments

I accidently removed a server from backup exec 2012 (I only meant to remove it from the group).

I have re-added the server without any issues, however it is not showing that the server has been previously backed up, even though when i drill down into backup sets it can see the previous backup jobs. 

How can i get the server to see that a full back up has been run previously in order to get the Daily Differential jobs to run between now and the next full backup at the weekend. 

Operating Systems:

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Sush...'s picture

Hello Lee,

Just backup any small file from that re-added server and it will show the data it had backed up.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Hope this piece of Information Helps you... and if it does then mark this response as Solution....!!!

lee harries's picture

I have tried this but the next differential still wont schedule to run untill after a full backup has been completed. 

VJware's picture

If a server is removed from the list at Backup & Restore tab, the associated jobs are removed as well...I dont think it is possible for BE to recognise if a full backup was run earlier after adding the server again...only way would be to run a full backup again & then run the diffs.

CBoe's picture

Hi,

I am having this same issue.  Isn't there some way to tell BE 2012 that it has been backed up?  Just seems like there should be something like that in there.