Backup Exec 2012 - "Agent for Applications and Databases" installation
I’ve recently been handed over our backup task and currently our media server which has Backup Exec 2012 installed is reporting a list of licences which have been added.
If I view what licences is installed I can see the following are installed;
· Agent for Linux
· Agent for Mac
· Backup Exec 2012
· NDMP Option
· Virtual Tape Library Unlimited Drive Option
1. After running the ‘Backup Exec License Assessment Tool’. It detected that 1 licence is required for Agent for Application and database. If I go ahead and select one of the ‘Agent for Application and Databases’ and install, then rerun the assessment tool, technically I should no longer be prompted for required licence right?
2. When I attempt to install ‘Agent for Application and Databases’ by selecting ‘Agent for Application and Databases’ from the list, the next screen is greyed out and I cannot check the box ‘Agent for Application and Databases’.
Does the first screen “Review Licencses” which currently has 2 checked boxes (Backup Exec 2012 & NDMP Option) ticked mean those products are already installed and if I uncheck and continue with the setup it will be removed?
3. Am I meant to just simply tick the box for ‘Agent for Application and Databases’ and leave the current checked boxes as is and install? If so then it’s not working as the next screen, ‘Agent for Application and Databases’ is not available for me to check.
4. I noticed if from the screen “Review Licencses” I uncheck the current Backup Exec 2012 (Qty 1) and select the other Backup Exec 2012 (Qty 8) then check ‘Agent for Application and Databases’ I then proceed to the next screen, ‘Agent for Application and Databases’ is now available. Why is this happening?