Video Screencast Help

Backup exec 2012 agent crashes on windows 2008 r2 Ad-server.

Created: 26 Feb 2013 • Updated: 26 Feb 2013 | 10 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi,

We have an agent that keeps crashing on our AD-server. It gives us the following error in the event viewer. The agent crashes as soon as it starts so i don't think its related to the backup job.

Faulting application name: beremote.exe, version: 14.0.1798.0, time stamp: 0x4f1e02d7
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17965, time stamp: 0x506dcae6
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x000000000000bccd
Faulting process id: 0x15cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0ffeb7c45f65
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\SYMANTEC\BACKUP EXEC\RAWS\beremote.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: f958abc5-7bf1-11e2-bfde-ae6426ee6bfa

We tried to apply the sp1a and the hotfix 180964 without any change. We also tried to reset the shadow copies as suggested in on of your support pages and this appeared to work however before the backup could complete it crashed again.

BR

Mathias

Operating Systems:

Comments 10 CommentsJump to latest comment

VJware's picture

Would you pls PM me the crash dump & additionally, would recommend you to log a formal support case as well.

Mathias Mildton's picture

I Pmed the file you requested.

I have tried to create a formal support case however when i try to submit it i receive the following error message:

Error:
CaseOwner_AutoFollowUnFollowCase: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY, This user cannot follow any other users or records: [] Trigger.CaseOwner_AutoFollowUnFollowCase: line 103, column 1

BR

Mathias

CraigV's picture

...have you tried to uninstall and then reinstall the RAWS agent on this server?

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...

yes we tried to reinstall the agent both before the updates and after. Still no change unfortunately.

CraigV's picture

...and no AV installed that is possibly blocking beremote.exe from running? If there is, put in an exclusion for that *.exe and see if it works.

THanks!

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...

I tried to disable the AV but the agent still would not run. Worth mentioning is that we have 5 more servers with the same AV and same OS that don't display the same problems.

thanks for the help so far!

VJware's picture

Stack seems to match ~ http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...

I take it the workaround doesn't always work & hence would recommend you to log a formal support case & reference the above KB..

SOLUTION

Thanks for the help,

I would love to log a case but i still get the same error message i did earlier.

"

Error:
CaseOwner_AutoFollowUnFollowCase: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY, This user cannot follow any other users or records: [] Trigger.CaseOwner_AutoFollowUnFollowCase: line 103, column 1

"

I get this when i press to submit my case.

br

Mathias