backup exec 2012 and robotic tape library
congratulations to the forum and you're all professional, I am at my first experience with (robotic library, 30 cartridge)+ (Symantec backup exec 2012 and Agent for Hyper-v)
My network is as follows:
(number 1 physical server) dedicated to Symantec Backup Exec 2012.
(number 2 physical servers) are the two nodes in the cluster with Microsoft Hyper-V.
(number 10 virtual servers) servers are managed by Hyper-V high availability.
I have read the entire manual (Administrator's Guide) and I realized that the key parts to create a backup strategy are 3 different levels:
1) Use the PARTITIONS LIBRARY..??
2) Use SETS MEDIA..??
3) use the assignment SLOT BOX..??
my objective is to create all the (physical or virtual servers):
1) scheduling backup from MONDAY to THURSDAY differential.
2) scheduling backup on Friday and Saturday totals.
3) total backup to be stored outside library every Sunday of the month end.
I ask you to please your advice to professionals, if someone shows me step by step on how to make ... maybe with simple examples.
thank you very much, Tom.