Backup Exec 2012 - Backup Jobs Stuck in Queued status randomly
BE 2012 created 3 backup jobs to backup VM to deduplication storage. 3 Backup jobs are schedule to run at the same time. These backup jobs sometimes can be ran successfully. But these backup jobs randomly stuck in queue status over 10 hours , so that nothing can be backup.
Then I want to cancel these backup jobs but failed to do. The status is still queued, not change to "cancel pending". Finally, I need kill begine.exe in task manager and restart all BE serices / reboot BE server.
BE 2012 has been fully patched (include the lastes hotfix 201596). All VM has been installed the lastest version of remote agent.
I found Symantec KB similar to my case. (http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159843)
Using the regedit tool, edit the following key:
- Key Name: HKEY_LOCAL__MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Adamm
- DWORD: Enable OST Space Reclamation
- Value: 0
- Restart Backup Exec services.
- Run the jobs that need to be run.
- Change the value of the Enable OST Space Reclamation DWORD to 1 to enable it again.
- Restart the Backup Exec services.
But this KB is applied for BE 2010. Can I apply the same solution on BE 2012?
Do anyone know the solution?
I have open Symantec support ticket over 2 weeks. But they still not find the solution.