Video Screencast Help

Backup Exec 2012 - Catalog Job Failing

Created: 10 Dec 2013 • Updated: 10 Dec 2013 | 5 comments

Hello,

We have a site that is running Backup Exec 2012 which is failing to run the catalog each day, the error message that appears is:

"Job ended: 10 December 2013 at 12:55:17
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0009418 - Access to a device was not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec.
Final error category: Other Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-37912"

The link it provides takes me to a page that says nothing about the error at all. The error message says that the device was not authorised with this edition of Backup Exec, my question is how do I authorise the device then? The data is backed up to an RDX cartridge.

Kind Regards
Jon

Operating Systems:

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

lmosla's picture

Hello,

is your device on the Backup Exec 2012 SCL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH175581 

Make sure you have all the Live Updates installed and pushed out to your remote servers. 

pkh's picture

Why do you need to do a catalog every day?

MusSeth's picture

Please make sure to configure the RDX device as disk cartridge and not Disk storage under storage tab and than rerun the backup confirm if catalog is successfull or not.

pkh's picture

Please make sure to configure the RDX device as disk cartridge and not Disk storage

Are you given this choice by BE 2012?

MusSeth's picture

yes you are give a choice, when you click on configure storage on first place select disk based storage and on second page it will give you an option to select eighter disk storage or disk catridge, this the windows you would need to select the option disk catridge to configure RDX as disk catridge (removable disk storage in legacy terms)