Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Backup Exec 2012 disappearing server

Created: 21 Nov 2012 • Updated: 11 Dec 2012 | 6 comments
Jana.T's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi everyone,

just installed BE on my win 2003 x64 server and came across the issue of disappearing servers from the BE console after hitting the refresh button.

that's a known issue and appearantly solved with the hotfix sp1a http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH186464

after installation and reboot, running BE liveupdate runs again an installation of sp1a that fails with the error "lu1825: This update tried to run an application as part of its installation, but the application failed to run."

this is also a known issue that is solved by running the application as an admin (which i did)

any suggestions? or any ideas when symantec will make a new patch to solve all the problems concerning BE 2012?

tnx

Jana

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

theOnkar's picture

Hello,

Download and install the update manually from : http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH186717.

If this response answers your concern, please mark it as a "solution"

pkh's picture

After install SP1a, you would need to run LiveUpdate a couple of times until it says that there are no more updates.  This is because there are hotfixes released after SP1a.

Jana.T's picture

hi,

the thing is that i've done the installation manually from that site. and starting BE console and running live update it asks again for the SP1a installation and fails with the above mentioned error message.

when i check the installed updates it only lists SP1..no SP1a even though i've installed it manually

Jana

theOnkar's picture

Hello,

Try this : 

1) Open the command prompt and browse to the following directory  C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\
2) Run BeUpdateOps.exe -AddBE -OptOut 
3) Run LiveUpdate

If this response answers your concern, please mark it as a "solution"

Jana.T's picture

hi,

that didn't help! i think the issue is SQL related.

when i open the BE console i the bottom left corner it's blinking and showing 'the query for resourceContainer failed"

i have no idea what that means.

Jana