Backup Exec 2012 - do scheduled duplication jobs supersede each other?
another scheduling question from my part!
This is the scenario:
- Multiple servers are scheduled to be backuped on Sa 1 AM (weekly full).
- On first Sat 1 AM there's an additional schedule to do a monthly backup (monthly full)
- (There's also a yearly schedule, but I leave that out for now)
- Both are stored on a dedup machine
- Both should get duplicated to tape (library available)
- Both should use their own media set (one for weekly, one for monthly backups)
To ensure enough data flow to the library, I'd like to configure the duplicate jobs (one for weekly full, one for monthly full) to run 1 PM, so there's no concurrent use of the dedup while streaming (or at least less so).
Would Backup Exec be so smart to only run the appropiate job, which is the duplication corresponding to the last backup run?
I have the same question with verification jobs on the dedup - I like to schedule them to the middle of the week, outside the backup window, because they take a lot of ressources and I'm not quite convinced they do any good, as the data should be verified as per duplication jobs...
Thanks in advance for ideas!