Backup Exec 2012 enhancements
Created: 20 Aug 2012 • Updated: 25 Apr 2014 | 1 comment
This issue has been solved. See solution.
Does anyone know if any of following have been addressed/implemented by BE 2012:
- Advanced disk backup option can handle DFS. ADBO allows one to carry out a weekly full and then daily incremental backups. Upon restore, BE works out which of the incremental backups it needs to re-synthesise the folder
- Dedupe backup of Exchange GRT. BE 2010 simply dumps raw EDB & LOG files in the dedupe folder which means it isn't taking advantage of dedupe
- Improved dedupe backup performance, e.g. adaptive multi-threaded agent plus server side SQL performance improvements - aim to get dedupe speed closer to B2D
- Better backup performance for DFS
- Ability to restore back to DFS system directly without causing DFS replication to re-start/reset
- Improved dedupe resiliance or at least a tool to repair broken dedupe systems
- Mirroring of backup system to a passive remote site
- Multiple deduplication storage areas on single media server (although it #4 is done, less of a requirement)
- Much improved error messages and diagnostics? For example, no cryptic mention of the world of tapes on a pure disk based backup system
This is the start of our project to review our backup methodology.