Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Backup Exec 2012 Exception Error

Created: 27 Nov 2012 • Updated: 28 Nov 2012 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi,

When i trying do backup for my VMs i got this error exception ' Backup Exec failed to snap one or more virtual machines and was unable to collect the necessary metadata to restore individual application items. You cannot perform GRT-enabled restores of application data from this backup. Refer to the job log for more information ' ,, how can i solve this issue ?

Any help will be appreciated .

Thanks in advance,

Basem

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Backup_Exec's picture

Hi

Are you performing any application GRT backup present on virtual machine ,What version of ESX is this and have this worked before

Thanks

Sameer

Don't forget to give a "Thumbs Up" or Mark as "Solution" if someones advice has helped you.

Bas00m's picture

Yes, GRT enabled for SQL and i have Esxi 5.1 Host .

Backup_Exec's picture

Hi

Unfortuantely ESX 5.1 is not currently supported please check link below for more details

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/vsp...

Thanks

Sameer

Don't forget to give a "Thumbs Up" or Mark as "Solution" if someones advice has helped you.

VJware's picture

ESX 5.1 is not currenly supported with BE...Is SQL clustered ? And do ensure the Backup Exec account for SQL has appropriate permissions such as sysadmin, dbdatawriter, dbdatareader etc..

SOLUTION