Video Screencast Help
Scheduled Maintenance: Symantec Connect is scheduled to be down Saturday, April 19 from 10am to 2pm Pacific Standard Time (GMT: 5pm to 9pm) for server migration and upgrade.
Please accept our apologies in advance for any inconvenience this might cause.

Backup Exec 2012 Exception Error

Created: 27 Nov 2012 • Updated: 28 Nov 2012 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi,

When i trying do backup for my VMs i got this error exception ' Backup Exec failed to snap one or more virtual machines and was unable to collect the necessary metadata to restore individual application items. You cannot perform GRT-enabled restores of application data from this backup. Refer to the job log for more information ' ,, how can i solve this issue ?

Any help will be appreciated .

Thanks in advance,

Basem

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Backup_Exec's picture

Hi

Are you performing any application GRT backup present on virtual machine ,What version of ESX is this and have this worked before

Thanks

Sameer

Don't forget to give a "Thumbs Up" or Mark as "Solution" if someones advice has helped you.

Bas00m's picture

Yes, GRT enabled for SQL and i have Esxi 5.1 Host .

Backup_Exec's picture

Hi

Unfortuantely ESX 5.1 is not currently supported please check link below for more details

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/vsp...

Thanks

Sameer

Don't forget to give a "Thumbs Up" or Mark as "Solution" if someones advice has helped you.

Vivek Jain's picture

ESX 5.1 is not currenly supported with BE...Is SQL clustered ? And do ensure the Backup Exec account for SQL has appropriate permissions such as sysadmin, dbdatawriter, dbdatareader etc..

SOLUTION