Video Screencast Help
Symantec Appoints Michael A. Brown CEO. Learn more.

Backup Exec 2012 Exceptions, how can I stop them?

Created: 01 May 2012 | 2 comments

I am running Backup Exec 2012 and I have one server that keeps backing up with Exceptions.

I have 2 exceptions that keep coming back each time a backup runs. The first one is, V-79-10091. The message in Backup Exec doesn't give me any information other than a link to for that code. I am not sure what the problem is. I did an update so I believe the right Version of remote agent is installed. It is just puzzling.

The second one I get is, V-79-57755. When you do a search on that one you get zero answers found.

Anyone have any idea? The second message tells me:

"Failed to load the configuration xml file.
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs\ASERVER06\CatalogProcessTemporaryFolder\{87EA878C-D98C-4942-AC8D-3A5F1E67BBDE}\p2v.xml"

I have no clue what that is.. I assume the data is being backed up properly but I would like these exceptions to go away if possible.

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

VJware's picture

The 2nd exception has a known KB - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH184002

For this job, edit the job, deselect the entire server...and then manually select all data...

Dipesh's picture

Hello VJware,

If I de-select and then select individual but all components, the 'Simplified Disaster Recovery' indicator turns to 'OFF'.  Shall I be able to recover my server in case of disaster?

Thanks in advance.

Dipesh