Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Backup Exec 2012 Exceptions, how can I stop them?

Created: 01 May 2012 | 2 comments

I am running Backup Exec 2012 and I have one server that keeps backing up with Exceptions.

I have 2 exceptions that keep coming back each time a backup runs. The first one is, V-79-10091. The message in Backup Exec doesn't give me any information other than a link to for that code. I am not sure what the problem is. I did an update so I believe the right Version of remote agent is installed. It is just puzzling.

The second one I get is, V-79-57755. When you do a search on that one you get zero answers found.

Anyone have any idea? The second message tells me:

"Failed to load the configuration xml file.
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs\ASERVER06\CatalogProcessTemporaryFolder\{87EA878C-D98C-4942-AC8D-3A5F1E67BBDE}\p2v.xml"

I have no clue what that is.. I assume the data is being backed up properly but I would like these exceptions to go away if possible.

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

VJware's picture

The 2nd exception has a known KB - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH184002

For this job, edit the job, deselect the entire server...and then manually select all data...

Dipesh's picture

Hello VJware,

If I de-select and then select individual but all components, the 'Simplified Disaster Recovery' indicator turns to 'OFF'.  Shall I be able to recover my server in case of disaster?

Thanks in advance.

Dipesh