Video Screencast Help
Symantec Connect login will not be available from 7am-1pm PT, Saturday April 12th, estimated. During that time, you will not be able to log in or engage in any activity on the site such as posting, commenting, or voting. You can still view and search content. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Backup Exec 2012 Exchange Agent

Created: 28 Feb 2013 • Updated: 10 Mar 2013 | 1 comment
This issue has been solved. See solution.

My BE 2012 license summary states that the Exchange license is installed but when I go to deploy it I only get an option to deploy the server or regular Windows agent.  If I look for the license under options I don't see it listed as "Exchange Agent" or similar.  I then google for the location of the agent package but I didn't find the solution I was looking for.  Would someone chime and and give me a solution?

Thank you.

Operating Systems:

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

When BE refers to the Exchange agent, it is the capability to backup and restore Exchange.  This capability is built into the Windows remote agent.  This capability is enabled when you install an Exchange agent licence.  There is no separate Exchange agent.  All you need to do is to push out the Windows remote agent to the Exchange server and you would be able to back up Exchange.

SOLUTION