Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Backup Exec 2012 Home Tab on Monitoring Screen

Created: 21 Feb 2013 • Updated: 10 Apr 2013 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I've got 2 issues with the Home Tab of the Symantec Backup Exec 2012

1. Once in a while I get my graph of Backup size messed up as in the screen capture attached. Something happens that renders the graph wrong and in wrong color code. I can fix it by changing "Show Last:" Day(s) field but it's going to be a pain when I'm going to issue #2. This happens once a day on regular basis and flipping between tabs does not reset the view.

2. I want to set htis home screen on one of spare monitors that I us for monitoring. I'm not sure if BE2012 has an auto-refresh feature of the home screen (as for me, having such feature for such a nice interface is a must) So I'm not sure if setting up this view on Monitoring Screen will work at all.

Can someone point me to the right direction or is there a patch or some plug-in to make it work. Or is there a web interface that can be configured to display similar to Home Tab screen?

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

BE does not have a web-interface.  However, you can set up a remote console and use that to take a look at your media server.  See this article

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/h...

SOLUTION
Sasha G's picture

Seeet, that'll do the job. :) I'll give it a try this upcoming week.

What about the chart being messed up? Is it only me or anyone else has similar issue?