Video Screencast Help

Backup Exec 2012 Liveupdate

Created: 01 Mar 2013 • Updated: 01 Mar 2013 | 7 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello everyone.

I have been tearing wheta little hair I have left out over the last couple of weeks.

I have 4 servers at various clients with backp exec 2012 on them.

Not a single one will install the SP1A. Liveupdate reports that it is corrupted.

I have so far tried reseting the liveupdate cache. Doing a manual install by running as administrator.

No matter what I do liveupdate always comes back and reports that SP1a needs to be installed.

The main reason for getting this update on is because of a lot of reliability issues I have been having with this software.

Any suggestions no matter how odd would be welcomed.

Operating Systems:

Comments 7 CommentsJump to latest comment

jgearhart's picture

Forgot to mention the Server is using Windows Small Business Server 2011.

CraigV's picture

Hi,

 

Download it and manually install it...this would be the next option.

Thanks!

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...

jgearhart's picture

I tried the SP1a manuial download and install as I mentioned above and it did not work.

 

Downloading the install media with sp1a already in it. Hope that sorts the problem out. Will keep everyone advised.

CraigV's picture

Aahh...sorry for not picking that up!

If there is an AV installed, have you tried to stop it and then do the installation?

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...

jgearhart's picture

I did try that yes. Just attempting an upgrade install with a trailware disk. Hope this solves the problems since this is one of the buggiest versions of backup exec I have come across.

VJware's picture

Please try the following ~

- Uregister Backup Exec with LiveUpdate:
%Program Files%\Symantec\Backup Exec>BEUpdateOps.exe /RemoveBE (This is safer as it may be that the customer has other Symantec products using LU)
- Re-register Backup Exec with LiveUpdate as follows:
%Program Files%\Symantec\Backup Exec>BEUpdateOps.exe /AddBE /OptOut
- Run LiveUpdate again & see if you can install SP1.
- If you get the message that SP1 needs to be installed (when it is already installed), uninstall all hotfixes & SP1 from control panel.
- Rerun LiveUpdate & pls check.

SOLUTION
jgearhart's picture

Seems it was a combination of factors.

Thanks VJWare that was a piece to the puzzle.

Even when UAC was disabled it failed to install but after doing what VJWare said and then disabling UAC it worked.

 

Many Thanks and hope this solves the flaky backups I have been getting.