Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Backup Exec 2012 - No GRT when backing up the whole Vcenter

Created: 22 Jun 2012 • Updated: 08 Jul 2012 | 1 comment
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello there,

I have a Problem with the GRT Backup of my VSphere Enviroment. When I try to Recover files or exchange content I see only an empty Recovery wizard with no options to choose from except the whole virtual machine. When I do a backup of one virtual server I can restore individual files or Exchange Data. In the options of the backup process I have choosen the GRT option for exchange, active directory and files. What can cause this kind of error? Did I miss anything?

It is an upgrade installation of Backup Exec 2010 SP3.

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

Sush...'s picture

In the restore job i think you are looking at the node "VMware VirtualCenter and ESX server" where it will only show the VMDKs for restore. This is for the complete disaster recovery of the VM.

For individual files and folders expand the selection under the individual servername on top which will show the resources backed up and under that the backup set when it was backed up.

Though the backups are taken using the AVVI agent, for restore of individual items it will show you under each VM name (not under  "VMware VirtualCenter and ESX server" node).

Thanks,

-Sush...

Hope this piece of Information Helps you... and if it does then mark this response as Solution....!!!

SOLUTION