Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Backup Exec 2012 not using defined credentials on remote agent

Created: 13 Jan 2014 | 3 comments
jtomi's picture

I have Backup Exec 2012 SP3, media server is AD member and Backup Exec system logon account is designated AD account. 

I have server on DMZ which is not AD member (Windows 2008 R2 STD) and I try to install agent on it. So I add new Windows server, go trough wizard and use local admin account as credential. Backup Agent seems to install fine. When I try to create backup job, I cannot select any files. Credential test shows OK, but I don't see C,D drives etc in credential test.

When I go check Event Logs on that server, I see in Security Logs lots of Audit Failure messages, showing that login failed for Backup Exec system logon account, which is domain based. So it seems that Backup Exec is trying to log in with system logon account and not the logon account I have defined. What could cause this kind of behaviour?

I have others servers on DMZ which work fine so routing and firewall is not issue. 

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

ZeRoC00L's picture

You will have to modify the credentials used for that server. Offcourse the domain account has no access to the dmz server.

If this response answers your concern, please mark it as a "solution"

CraigV's picture

...have you added that particular server's service account into the media server's security settings? Without that it won't know how to authenticate as you'd end up selecting the account.

Thanks!

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...

jtomi's picture

Yes, I have created proper credentials from Configuration and Settings -> Logon Accounts -> Manage Logon Accounts then selected server and from Credentials tab selected this account. Test Shows OK, but still cannot browse and Security log shows that Backup Exec still uses wrong credentials.