Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Backup Exec 2012 question about bkf files

Created: 02 Jul 2014 | 1 comment

Hello,

I am currently using Backup Exec 2012 on a remote hosted Windows 2008 server that's running websites and email.  The server hosts only gives us ftp storage for off server backups.  I currently have BE2012 configured to backup to a B2D folder on a second drive and what I would like to do is after the nightly backup job completes, is copy the bkf files to the ftp storage using a script in a scheduled task.

My question is this, if something happens, like my host had to reimage the server because of a hard drive crash and I had to reinstall Backup Exec 2012, and copy those files back from the ftp storage, how can I catalog and restore data from those files?  In previous versions it was very easy to work with other bkf files when recovering a server.  In 2012, there seems to be less options for this.  It doesn't even seem to let you create individual backup folders, just creates its own folder on a drive you specify.  Is what I want to do even possible in 2012?

Thanks.

Operating Systems:

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

You create the disk storage, copy the files into it, inventory and catalog the disk storage, then you can restore from the files