Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Backup Exec 2012 question about bkf files

Created: 02 Jul 2014 | 1 comment

Hello,

I am currently using Backup Exec 2012 on a remote hosted Windows 2008 server that's running websites and email.  The server hosts only gives us ftp storage for off server backups.  I currently have BE2012 configured to backup to a B2D folder on a second drive and what I would like to do is after the nightly backup job completes, is copy the bkf files to the ftp storage using a script in a scheduled task.

My question is this, if something happens, like my host had to reimage the server because of a hard drive crash and I had to reinstall Backup Exec 2012, and copy those files back from the ftp storage, how can I catalog and restore data from those files?  In previous versions it was very easy to work with other bkf files when recovering a server.  In 2012, there seems to be less options for this.  It doesn't even seem to let you create individual backup folders, just creates its own folder on a drive you specify.  Is what I want to do even possible in 2012?

Thanks.

Operating Systems:

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

You create the disk storage, copy the files into it, inventory and catalog the disk storage, then you can restore from the files