Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Backup Exec 2012 - re-calculate the next backup date

Created: 31 May 2013 | 2 comments

I have a little problem with Backup Exec 2012.

With this version i had to create a backup job for each computer. Completely useless and time consuming.

Problem is that yesterdays backups crashed. Since i do a new full backup today i want to re-calculate the next backup date for all remaining servers.

All i can do is wait for each computers backup to start and click abort. Wait 5 minutes until the backup stops, wait for the next computers backup to start, click abort... this takes hours. I don't have time for that shit.

I tried to contact Symantec Support per e-Mail. Well, this takes more time than clicking through all the backup jobs 10 times.

I tried to contact Technical Support per phone. I just have this single simple question. I get asked half an hour useless questions about support numbers, the support guy does not even listen to me. After half an hour i stopped that shit and cancelled the phone call. The support guys just know how to make one aggressive. Never again.

So, can anyone provide an answer before i replace all symantec stuff with products from other vendors ?

The whole Symantec support is just waste of time. Unuseable.

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

lmosla's picture

Hello,

I hear and understand your frustration.  Have you heard about using server groups with Backup Exec 2012? If not take a look http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH189098

s m n's picture

These "Server Groups" are not useful at all.

I have groups, but all they do is build a view to list only servers in that group. Also it does not help me with the question i have.

My question was to re-calculate all next execution dates.

All i can do in a server group is select all servers, and modify all jobs together. Problem is that every job has a different execution date to be able to set which computer has to be backed up first. This is very important because i need to start a specific job at the beginning to be able to delete my Backup Tape at the beginning. - so i can't use this.