Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Backup Exec 2012 Servers missing from backup & restore

Created: 18 Apr 2012 • Updated: 11 May 2012 | 5 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I have installed backup exec 2012 twice on fresh a fresh server.

Both installation provided spotty server listing within the backup and restore screen.  The first time my exchange server would only show up briefly if I restarted the services.  Backups would run if the server wasnt listed but logging wouldnt be there for its jobs when the server eventually did display.

Now with my new installation, 3 new servers are showing me the same issue, but not my exchange server.  it's listed there all the time now.

Going into the dedupe I can see that all of the servers are able to connect to the dedupe over the network, so its just the job engine that isnt showing the servers.

Any ideas?

 

running backup exec 2012 with latest live update hotfixes.

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Backup_Exec's picture

Hi

On exchange server go to remote agent utility & ensure in publishing Media server name is there & if it is not there please add it & then on Media server see if you see exchange server.

If publishing is configured properly then try uninstalling remote agent & doing push install of remote agent from Media server & then check if you see the exchange server

Thanks

Sameer

Don't forget to give a "Thumbs Up" or Mark as "Solution" if someones advice has helped you.

SOLUTION
Colin Weaver's picture

Does this issue ONLY affect your Exchnage server or are all servers missing?

Is your media server configured in a non-English language?

 

 

Jordon's picture

Everything is in us english.

My FIRST installation of backup exec only affected the exchange server.

My second installation of backup exec is affecting 2 file servers and a domain controller. They randomly appear and dissapear.

 

I've gone into one of my file servers so far and have checked the publisher servers.  removed redundant and duplicate entries and making sure just the media server is showing.  I'll evaluate this to see if it solves the problem.  I'll try reinstalling the agent on the second file server.

NeerThadarai's picture

I think you are facing issue similar to this. https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/issues/servers-randomly-disappear-backuprestore-tab

It would be a good idea to open a support case as the issue is still under investigation.

 

Jordon's picture

so far reinstalling the agents of the servers that randomly dissapeared has solved the problem.  Theyve stayed in for 24hrs now.