Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Backup Exec 2012 Small Business Edition on Windows Server 2008 r2 standard

Created: 29 Jan 2013 • Updated: 29 Jan 2013 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

hi guys,

i vae Backup Exec 2012 SBE installed on a Windows 2008 R2 Standard server with a SQL Server 2008 R2 DB on it. i have the BE Small Business License but i got the error that in few days the BE SBE agnet will expire (didn't buy it or install it) and it was running for 60 days trial. now my question after this SBE Agent will expire will it be still possible for me to backup the SQL Server ?

thank you

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

CraigV's picture

Hi,

If that agent allows BE to access SQL then your backups of SQL will start failing pending the purchase of the SQL license (Agent for Databases and Applications).

If that refers to some other agent in trial-mode, then run the licensing wizard to deselect the agent in question.

THanks!

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...

Colin Weaver's picture

I believe this an an Eval expiry of the ability to backup an application on a remote server and that even after the time expires, as long as you have the SBE edition license and SQL is on the media server it should continue to back it up without needing a further license.

However you should contact the customer care / licensing team for confirmation of what you are licensed to backup with the SBE edition as support only deal with if a license does not appear to work correctly, the licensing team deal with what licenses you need for a given setup.

SOLUTION