Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Backup Exec 2012 with tape library

Created: 24 Mar 2014 | 4 comments
NBU_13's picture

Hi,

I need help for clarification

I have backup exec 2012 with tape library,

But Iam not sure, this tape library is using there own driver software or symantec driver software.

Can you please guide me, how to find, whether the tape drive is using symantec driver software or not ?

Thanks

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

ecnivnaj's picture

Basically, by default it should be using symantec driver software. If you want to double chek you can try to reconfigure the tape library and ther would be a part whick driver will you ise for the tape device.

Hope this helps..

Thanks,

CraigV's picture

Hi,

Do a search for tapeinst.exe and run it. This will run the driver install wizard for BE and install the Symantec drivers.

Otherwise open up the tape drive in Device Manager and go to the Drivers tab. It should show Symantec as the driver being used.

Thanks!

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...

pkh's picture

You should be using Symantec drivers for your tape drives because they are certified with them. You should not be using any other drivers.

For tape libraries, they should appear in the Windows Device Manager as Unknown Medium Changer with a Microsoft driver. You should not be using OEM drivers

NBU_13's picture

Hi All,

Thanks for the information, let me check..