Backup Exec 2012 Tutorials
I am new to BE. Can someone help point to a step by step tutorial / link to set up BE and backup jobs on the following platform.
1. HP server DL320 G6 with 7 drives ( 2x600GB for RAID 1 Mirror OS / BE and 5x600GB RAID5 for Backups). Windows 2012.
2. A tape drive attached to this server LTO-4 for duplication of the backups from the disk over to tape.
3. I need to backup 12 VMs on Hyper-V cluster again on 2 DL machines. I understand that at this time, I cannot have VMs running on 2012R2 to be able to backed up, but the VMs running on 2008/2012 are all there now (to be upgarded to 2012R2 in few months).
4. The plan is that I should be able to do initially full back up (total size is about 1TB at this time) on RAID5 ( disk, dedup) and then every friday night full backup, overwriting the previous full backup.
5. I will need to setup incremental backup for saturday thru thursday nights on the RAID 1 OS disk itself.
6. There is a 4TB of NAS attached the BE server. I should be able to take full back up plus next day incremental and create a synthetic full backup from the previous full backup (on RAID 5 set) and next day incremental (on RAID 1 set) and then write it to USB drive.
7. And finally, I need to duplicate the full and incremental backups over to the tape drive.
I am sure this is all simple, but I will appreciate if someone can validate these assumptions and advise if possible step by step on how to create these jobs.
And any update from folks who are doing BE2014 beta evaluation if this is good to be become general release in next two months and until then how do you backup a VM that is running on windows 2012R2?
Thanks and God bless you all.