Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Backup Exec 2012 Windows Agent

Created: 29 Jan 2013 • Updated: 07 Feb 2013 | 8 comments
manol4ik's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi everyone,

Im trying to backup a Windows 2003 server and also a Windows 2008 server R2 the clients installed normally but the moment i want to backup i got the followin screen

What am I missing,

thanks for the help

Alejandro 

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

This is correct.  Wait for a while and the left-hand pane will be populated with the selection list for the server.

For BE 2012, you can only backup one server per job.

manol4ik's picture

i waited all day long without response.

pkh's picture

Is the screenshot showing a job backing up the media server or the remote server?  If it is the latter, try a backup job on the media server and see whether you get the selection screen.  Also, push out your remote agent again and make sure that the remote agent service is running on the remote server and that it is publishing correctly to the media server.  Next, check that there is no firewall rule between the two machines.

manol4ik's picture

Well,

Yesterday i tryed to make a backup, without the selection list, The job runed without a problem, but now i dont know why i cant make the selection list, i think maybe some port is bloking, but i will check again the push install of  the client,

Also in the media server everthing shows well in the selection list tab

manol4ik's picture

The job finished but i got the following error:

Remore agent not detected, but when i look in the services, they are all runing normal

pkh's picture

Check the following

1) on the remote server, check that the remote agent service is running

2) open the remote agent utility and make sure that it is publishing correctly to the media server

3) make sure that you can ping from the media server to the remote server and vice-versa

4) make sure that there is no firewall blocking port 10000

5) on the remote server, check that there are no other applications using port 10000.

SOLUTION
VJware's picture

Do verify the remote agent is running the same version as that of the backup exec media server, i.e. 2012 agent.

manol4ik's picture

Thanks for the help PKH, VJware.

I was having problems with the ports, i Changed the rules, and reboot the server, now its working fine.

Regards

Alejandro