Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Backup Exec 2014 from BUE2010; job rate dropped

Created: 24 Jun 2014 | 4 comments

I recently upgraded from Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP4 to Backup Exec 2014.

My job rate against a remote server (backing up the virtual machines) was 4500mb/min. Since installing Backup Exec 2014; it's dropped to 3500mb/min.

This has also reproduced on other jobs as well.

Has anyone experienced this problem also? Is there a solution?

Thanks

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

VJware's picture

Was this a one-time occurence of the throughput dropping or has it reduced on subsequent jobs as well ?

Have the remote servers been updated with the BE 2014 remote agents ? Are you backing up to disk or tape ? If tape, are you using symantec drivers ?

SmartiesRock5's picture

It's all to tape and yes- it is the Symantec drivers.

All agents have been updated also.

This has reproduced everytime we back up since the upgrade to Backup Exec 2014.

Laurie_Downey's picture

You could refer to the following documentation that may help to determine possible causes:

Backup Exec 2014 Tuning and Performance Guide: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5481

Laurie Downey

Backup Exec

Advanced Tech Support

Symantec Corporation

www.symantec.com

SmartiesRock5's picture

Hi Laurie,

I've already looked at that and I don't think that applies to me - I don't see anything in there that would've been different from 2010 to 2014. What I'm looking for is to make sure that if this is an issue with Backup Exec 2014 I don't want to upgrade the rest of my sites and roll back if I see decrease job performances.