Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

The Backup Exec Server service hung on starting after upgrading to BE 2010

Created: 30 Apr 2010 • Updated: 04 Nov 2010 | 2 comments

I just completed the upgrade to BE 2010 and everything went fine according to log files and the pre-install check also had no mention of potential issues. Well after rebooting the server it takes forever to now get to a logon screen. Once it does come up and I logon I can see in the event log the following error -  This then causes the job engine and agent browser to not startup. Any thoughts as now it's almost the weekend I have all full backups scheduled and this is not looking good right now! Thanks in advance.

The Backup Exec Server service hung on starting.

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

BackExec2010's picture

try the link below to the hotfix. Just got off the phone with Symantec spuport and this resolved my issue.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/348284.htm

Sean Donnelly's picture

I ended up uninstalling the program files but leaving the rest of the data in place for BE. I then rebooted and reinstalled and that worked this time around and after reboots the service stays running. All my backups ran over the weekend without issue, but thank you for taking the time to respond!

Sean