Backup Exec Solution for SBS 2011 with Premium Add-on, Hyper-v and Windows 2012
I initially posted this question back in December (see
At the time, BE for Windows 2012 was not available - clearly, that has now changed.
Finally, we have just taken delivery of the server hardware and so I am now looking to order the backup solution.
As per my initial post, the solution consists of:-
- 2 physical servers, each running 2 virtual machines under Windows 2012 Hyper-v:-
The first physical server will run two VMs:-
- Physical server 1 (aka PS1), VM 1 - SBS 2011 standard roles (i.e. AD, Exchange, Sharepoint)
- Physical server 1, VM 2 - Traditional File server (running Windows 2012 standard)
Similarly, physical server 2 will also run two VMs:-
- Physical server 2 (aka PS2), VM 3 - SBS 2011 premium (i.e. SQL server) and backup AD
- Physical server 2, VM 4 – Print and RDS server (running Windows 2012 standard)
As a MINIMUM, I am looking to back up the DATA on VMs 1, 2 and 3
Ideally, if budget permits, I would also like to backup the four virtual machines on the two physical servers.
VM 1 and VM3 are running SBS 2011, which covers Sharepoint, Exchange, SQL Server and Active Director
VM 2 is a file server (e.g. Word, Excel, PDFs etc) under Windows 2012 standard
What is the most cost-effective BackupExec licensing model, to achieve this, please ?