Backup Exec V-Ray
I have a couple of questions in regards to the V-Ray Edition of Backup Exec
1) With this v-ray edition does it matter how many BackupExec media servers there are? My customer intends to have one in Vancouver and one in Toronto.
2) Does it matter how the vCenter hosts are distributed? As long as the CPUs are licensed it can be in whatever cluster configuration is needed? There will be clusters in four locations so I just wanted to make sure.
3a) Does the vCenter agent dedup?
3b) Is it suitable for backing up a VMs on a remote vCenter cluster over a WAN link?
3c) Does it ever need to do "full" backups after the first time? Can it do incremental forever (assuming (dedup) disk target).
4) If the customer choses to use a Windows agent on a VM for some reason am I free to do so license-wise?
(I actually thing I just answered this as 'yes' by reading this http://eval.symantec.com/mktginfo/enterprise/other_resources/backup_exec_licensing_guide_21223660.en-us.pdf)
5) Do I need to add a license to operate two drives in a tape library?
6) What type of storage does the deduplicated disk media support? I assume any actual disk on the media server via direct attached or SAN works but how about NAS? CIFS? NFS?