Backup Job Disappears, Reappears with error "e0008821 - Job was recovered as a result of Backup Exec RPC service starting. No user action is required."
Created: 24 Jan 2014 • Updated: 15 Jul 2014 | 11 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.
Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit
Backup Exec 2010 Media Server 13.0 Rev. 2896
Here's what happened:
- We have 3 backup to disk jobs configured on our central administration server
- Yesterday only 1 of them returned an alert message overnight that it completed
- I checked whats going on on the server > Job Monitor tab and sure enough only 1 of the 3 could be seen in the job history (all 3 jobs issued a result the day before that)
- Surprisingly, in the Current Job list only 1 of them was listed as being scheduled to run tonight; other 2 were missing, as if they weren't scheduled
- Checked the Job Setup tab and all 3 were listed; tried to double click on the 2 missing jobs but could only view the properties in read-only mode, as if they were currently running (3rd job's properties could be opened fine)
- No unusual events in Windows event viewer
- Restarted Backup Exec services and launched the application again - missing jobs appeared in the Current jobs list again, correctly sceduled for tonight
- They also appeared in the Job History list with status failed, Elapsed Time 0:00:00 and error code:
e0008821 - Job was recovered as a result of Backup Exec RPC service starting. No user action is required.
I cant see any events or clues as to what happened, could somone point me in the right direction?