Backup with SAN Client - Netbackup 7.5
I am installing two SAN Client in two AIX servers, which are connected to a SAN switch, the following is correct or not?:
- The FT media server should not be enabled on the Master Server
- Install the FT media server on Linux or Solaris, which are supported by Netbackup, Windows is not supported for this task.
- As the FT media server and clients SAN and tape robot are connected to a switch:
• The FT media server must have one HBA, that connects to the switch in initiator mode to connect eventually with the robot.
• The FT media server must have one HBA, that connects to the switch in target mode for connect with SAN Clients operating in initiator mode.
• I must create two zones on the switch: An zone that includes the FT media server HBA in target mode, and the SAN client's HBA in initiator mode. The other separate zone would consist of the FT Media Server HBA in initiator mode and the robot.
• When I try to place one HBA target mode that has more than one port: you can not have a port in initiator mode and other in target mode ... all should be or initiator mode or target mode.
• Only QLogic HBAs are supported for target mode configured on the FT media server.