BackupExec 2010 Restore to VM, will this procedure work?
We have a physical machine running WIndows 2008 R2 that was backed up using Symantec BackupExec 2010. The hard drives died and we want to restore from backup to a virtual machine running on VMware ESX. Is it possible to do? Will it boot? What exactly do I restore?
I was thinking about doing it this way.
1. Install Windows 2008 R2 on Virtual Machine (VM)
2. Install BackupExec Remote Agent
3. Use BackupExec to restore to VM
4. Most likely it will not boot.
5. Boot Symantec BackupExec System Recovery CD on VM
6. Backup the virtual machine flat
7. Convert it to virtual machine
8. It should boot now?
Please let me know if this will work!