Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

BackupExec 2012 - 3600E Appliance - Catalogue Wrong or Corrupted

Created: 12 Nov 2012 | 3 comments

Hello , I have just started using the 3600E Appliance with BE2012.

We have had teething problems , but a new one has just appeared.

My backups are running successfully but on the server window list , the "last 7 days of backup jobs" now has different references to other server jobs.

Also , when I click on "restore" on any server - a different server restore job is being presented to me.

I have ran the rebuildcatindex -r command - but it didn't fix anything that I could see.

This is a critical problem for me. Any help would be great.

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

cruisen's picture

Hello,

can you be more precise. What kind of Backup are you doing, is this a vcenter backup with virtual machines. Are you restoring the vmdks or are the server just physical ones with the agent installed. We need more information for a better understanding. Will you also post any screenshot that will show the error.

Thanks in advance.

cruisen

pkh's picture

This is probably a corruption in the BEDB.  For normal BE installation, you would use BEUtility to repair the BEDB.  The BEUtility is found in the BE installation directory.

I am not sure whether BEUtility exists in the BE 3600 appliance.  Maybe you can try searching for it.  If you can find it, use it to repair the BEDB.

BanksyMJ's picture

@Fergieman

If it is the BEDB then you can run BEUtility from the Appliance Web User Interface. Go to the Manage tab and run it from there. For more help on this forum, provide Cruisen with more details.

Kind Regards