Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

BackupExec 2012 B2D then Dup to Tape issue

Created: 12 Feb 2013 • Updated: 14 Feb 2013 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Good day, I had a problem with one of my jobs this morning.

My job is two-fold.  I backup data to disk and then dup that data to tape.  The B2D completed successfully, but during my dup to tape, I ran into a problem where my jobs stopped writing to tape and BE became unresponsive.  I attempted to cancel the job which did not work and had to stop the BE services on my Central Admin Server and Media server.  Now, I want to get the B2D items to tape, how can I do this? 

Can I click on the tape option and perform Run Now?  Would that get all the B2D folders associated with the B2D job run?

Is there a way to make sure all the B2D folders associated with the job are written to tape?

Any direction you can provide would be appreciated.  Thank you. 

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Gurvinder Rait's picture

You can create a duplicate backup to backup the backup sets on Tape. Refer http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH24544 (Use Duplicate Existing backup sets)

SOLUTION
PPD Tech's picture

while the information in the article seems to apply to a different version, it provided enough information to get me headed to what I needed.

thank you for your time and assistance.