BackupExec 2012 Client Side Deduplication
Good day to you.
I am having issue 1st backup job after seeding data to deduplication storage in BackupExec 2012.
It took more than 48hrs to complete the job and it is still running as of now. Size of data is 810 GB
Here is the process I have follow as per Symantec's documentation to seed the data:
1. Perform full backup of remote server (BE2010 RAWS installed) by using existing BackupExec 2010 Media Server to a D2D folder on portable harddisk drive. It completed successfully and verified OK.
2. Portable harddisk drive containing D2D folder is disptached to central site where BackupExec 2012 server with deduplication is located
3. First D2D storage is imported to BackupExec 2012 Media Server and subsequently Inventory and Catalogue job is run successfully.
4. And then I have duplicated the existing backup set on D2D to Deduplication Storage on BackupExec 2012 Media server successfully and verified OK. In this regards, seeding is successful.
5. Uninstall BackupExec 2010 RAWS from remote server and reboot it. Deploy BackupExec 2012 RAWS to remote server.
6. Configure a FULL backup job and check following settings are OK
- Check Remote Server has Direct Access to Deduplication Storage (OK)
- Check Client Site Deduplication is enabled on Deduplication Storage (OK)
- Check Enable Remote Agent to access Deduplication Storage on Backup Job is checked (OK)
7. And I have initiated a the job and it took so far 48 hours and it is still running
Do you guys have similar experience or did I do something wrong in the process?
Thanks in advance.