Video Screencast Help

BackupExec 2012 Sp2 - DataDomain DeDupe Catalog OST error

Created: 03 Sep 2013 | 3 comments

Hello,

I have a Data Domain box utilizing deduplication for BackupExec 2012 sp2. I have encountered this error before and never was able to solve it, but my backup will be taking place then I will  get the message below. I am left with no other option then to cancel the job. It is referring to a OST media which lies on the ddbox, but it's not part of a library and there is no way to import. Anyone else experience this issue working with a dedupe box? I have looked for this specific drive ending in 9B14 and cannot find it in the DD OST file listing.

Please insert media 'OST00000115-4403A18777EE9B14' into the robotic library by creating an Import media job.

If the media does not have a bar code, click Options on the Import Job Properties, and select 'Auto-inventory after import is completed'.

I am currently using the 2.4.10 version of Data Domain Open Storage Plugin.

Thanks in advance,

house

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Jaydeep S's picture

Is SP2 has not fixed the issue, it is better if you contact support.

zeemanjo's picture

Yeah, hence the reason I'm posting on here. When you go back and forth with support  (gather logs, evaluate, gather logs, evaluate etc..) it starts to span over days while not getting any backups done. Was hoping someone experieneced this possibly in the newgroup thus getting a quicker resolution.

Thanks for your reply Jaydeep ,,,

lmosla's picture

Hello,

If you haven't already seen this take a look at this link for possible help/tips  http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO74446 .