backups failing with error code 48
i am having an unusual problem from a specific media server which hosts disks.
1. the server I am trying to backup, the host name is not pinging, but IP is
2. while doing nslookup, both forward and reverse lookups are successful
3. while running bptestbpcd with the client host name, it is successful.
4. When adding the client to the "HOSTS" entry all is well. EVEN backups are successful. If i hash that entry we are back to square one.
5. We have a DNS in our backup environment which we use for name resolution, not HOSTS.
Is it a ghost in the machine.
Media server: NBU appliance 5220 2.5.2
Client: win SVR 2008
Please can you help?