Bare Metal Restore
I followed the following steps to create SRT
- Run the following command to start the SRT creation:
- When the installation starts, select 1 to create a new SRT.
- Provide a name and description of the SRT.
- Place the RedHat 5.5 DVD in the CD-Rom when prompted and press <Enter>.
- Press <Enter> to read the media from /dev/cdrom.
- Provide the path to the location of the BMR third party CD (3PPCD) iso file and press <Enter>.
- Provide the path to the client installation files. Provide the path to the directory containing the install file.
this should be the netbackup client zip file
- Select Yes when prompted to install the client.
- Enter the NetBackup server name
- Enter the name of the system to be restored with SRT.
- At this point, the NetBackup client will be installed in the SRT. When it finishes, press 8 to exit the installation.
- The SRT is complete. To create the CD image for that SRT, start the installation by running the following command:
- Select 2 to create a CD image SRT.
- Provide the name of the SRT previously built and description.
- Provide the destination path where the iso will be created.
- Copy this to another machine and burn a DVD or something
But while creating SRT, the step 6, never occured, but at the end I was able to create a SRT. I want to make sure, have I performed the write procedure.