Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  BATV -- 550 5.1.1 Recipient address rejected: User unknown

Posted Aug 15, 2016 09:00 AM

Dear Guys,

i am running SMG since years and never have so problems with the BATV than the last 6 Months. My SMG is fully actualized and we did the configuration with Symantec Technical Consultants and working fine and proper.

We are communicating with email domains in Tajikistan, several domains, and every email goes out to the domains coming back with the 550 error. The Provider in Tajikistan using Postfix, and Postfi does not support BATV out of the box and we are suspecting it´s the Postfix (look here: http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwi4tOzDusPOAhWIK8AKHVlIAhQQFggoMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbabel.de%2Fbatv.html&usg=AFQjCNEvs9UXF-4i5tZT0VL19q81K_PXWg ) So we try to mail from our O365 to the provider asking him for configuring BATV on Postfix to get the emails from our side to there side. no answer. ok.

Since a few days we have the same 550 with "Google Email for your Domain" (Google Apps, we suspect here not the business version). Sending Email to the  email domain configured with google-mx in their backend comes back with 550 5.1.1 Recipient address rejected: User unknown (Google uses Postfix too?)

We do not know how to handle the issue. We want to configure good sender lists in the usergroup for batv (now its default) but this helps just for disable the spamscanning funtionality but not the batv technique. We do not want to disable BATV in case of 2-3 ISP´s does not (suspected) the RFC´s. But 6 months ago we do not had problems now we have 3 Provider does not communicate with us. How much more ISP´s in 14 days, how much in 30 days?

Does anyone have the helping idea for us, how do you handle it? Thanks in advance, have all a great day.

Best Regards from Germany
    Sven

• 2.  RE: BATV -- 550 5.1.1 Recipient address rejected: User unknown

Posted Aug 18, 2016 12:18 PM

Hi,

Sorry, we dont use BATV, so i can only guess.

Are you shure its about BATV causing the issues?

The error "5.1.1 Recipient address rejected: User unknown" means something completly different.

Have you tried to send a testmail by telnet, you can fake BATV - same ussue there?

Thomas