BE 12.5 - Database could not be found
I have been experiencing this issue for a week.
I have BE 12.5, patched with the latest service packs. As my autoloader died about a year ago, it was decided to use a NAS (exactly, a Lacie 5Big Network 2, 10TB, RAID5, cheap and sturdy).
So, my boss and I were happy for about 6 months...but a week ago it started to behave weird. All jobs, except for Exchange 2003 Info Store are not working. It actually does the job, but when it finishes the verify stage it says "Database could not be found..". There are no errors on the Exchange 2003 server (on the event logs). As the time of this post, I had to create a media set locally using NT Backup.
Job is configured as follows:
- GRT is ON
- Selection list is only for IS and System State for that server.
Some info about my environment:
- Media Server has lots of free space.
- Media server has /3GB /PAE as boot parameters. (just added the 3GB after reading a TECHNOTE, no joy).
- Media Server commit load is 4GB (there are many services in there).
- Agents are updated to the latest version.
- All servers are 2003 Standard x86, 4GB RAM, RAID 5.
- Exchange Physical Size is 76GB (limit is at 75GB...I just noticed it after a reboot). However, logical size is 64GB and has been for about 3 months.
- NAS has 2TB free.
- I can do backup jobs to other servers.
I am kind of desperate because today marks 1 week without email backup. That's why NT Backup is being used right now. I have searched all the forum and tried to apply any eligible workaround with no success.
Any help will be appreciated.