Video Screencast Help
Scheduled Maintenance: Symantec Connect is scheduled to be down Saturday, April 19 from 10am to 2pm Pacific Standard Time (GMT: 5pm to 9pm) for server migration and upgrade.
Please accept our apologies in advance for any inconvenience this might cause.

BE 12.5 SBS 2008 backup of SQL database

Created: 15 Jun 2010 | 2 comments

Hi

I am a newbie to BE 12.5 and SBS 2008 so please apologize if I am asking silly questions here.
BE 12.5 runs on our SBS 2008 server. I have scheduled a job and it runs every night. My question is if BE 12.5 backups my SQL databases as well. reason of asking that a supporter told me that many backup programs actually did not take succesfull backups of SQL databases?

Thx in advance

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

RahulG's picture

Yup if you have selected the databse in the selection it would backup the Sql database.
If you have BE12.5 SBS license install you can just make the selection of the database under Microsoft SQL
If the backup exec does not have the SBS license you would need an additional SQl license to backup your database

RahulG's picture

Make sure you are not selecting the databse file for backup i.e the mdf and ldf file as even if you select them backup exec would not back them up . Once you have the SQL license installed you can see the Microsoft Sql selction under you server name and then you just need to select the database and it would backup the mdf and ldf file in baground .... Hope this answers yor question