BE 2010 - Final error: 0xe00084ed - A hardware error occured
We are running Backup Exec 2010(running on W2008R2 installed on HP DL380 G5) which is hooked up to a HP MSL2024 SCSI backup library. For over a year now we have tried to troubleshoot an issue where one of our tape drives will fail with the above error. Whether we run backup jobs directly to that tape drive only or run two jobs concurrently for both drives, the same error pops up. The full error below:
|Job Completion Status|
Job ended: Friday, 13 April 2012 at 4:17:10 PM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe00084ed - A hardware error occurred. Final error category: Backup Device Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34029
I have tried the following with no luck:
- Switched tape drives. Same error occurs however now after the switch, the drive that was working before gives off the error(so I would assume that confirms the tape drives are both OK)
- Ran LTO drive tests which point to a cabling issue.
- Switched/changed out SCSI cables. Same thing as above, when I switch things around the drive that was working before gives the error while the one that wasn't works fine. Changing out with new SCSI cable makes no difference, still only one drive works.
- Switched out the SCSI adapter(Dual-Channel Low-Profile Ultra320 SCSI PCIe Host Bus Adapter) on the server with another one(same model).
- Built a new server(same hardware and OS with BE2010)
- Changed the backup library with a NEW HP MSL 2024
After doing everything above, we are still having the same error. Frankly I'm out of ideas. The only other things I would assume could be the source of the issue are one of the installed hotfixes or possibly the particular model of the SCSI adapter. Before I try bying another SCSI adapter, does anyone have any suggestions or possible solutions?
Updates/hotfixes installed are SP1, hotfix 153396, 141686, 354875, 354913, 358409, 138449.
Any help would be appreciated. One other thing to note is that utility(erase etc...) work fine both drives which just confuses me even more.