Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

BE 2010 R3 Duplicate Jobs status halted

Created: 17 Aug 2011 • Updated: 18 Aug 2011 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello

My duplicate job to tape won't start as scheduled. When i create a duplicate job,  the job set's himself into the status "halted".

But when i disable the status "halted" the job runs normally.

I hope anyone can help me.

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

CraigV's picture

Hi there,

Did you check out the TN below and make sure you configured the job accordingly?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH24544

If so, can you post the exact error message here?

Thanks!

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...

real_har's picture

Thanks for the quick reply

The problem occurs only when i create the job with policys. Everytime when i manually create the jobs it works all fine (without policys).

There is no error message. I have other jobs, whitch were also made with policys and they work fine. But when i will create a new job, this problem occurs.

Hope you can help

real_har's picture

I found the solution.

i always checked the "submit job on hold" option everytime i'd create a job. Leave the option unchecked solved my problem.

Unfortunately i looked at the other existant jobs, and all this jobs have this option checked. So i thought this is right.

Better to use my brain the next time smiley

Thanks

SOLUTION
Simon B.'s picture

When you create the duplicate job with the policy be sure that the checkbox "Submit job on hold" under Frequency\Schedule is cleard.

/edit: Sorry, your last post did not yet show up when I posted my answer 

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - Consulting und Support für BE/NBU/EV und andere Symantec Produkte.
Please take the time and mark this post as solution if it solved your problem - thanks!