Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

BE 2010 - V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource on E2k3 server

Created: 22 Oct 2010 | 4 comments

Hi,

I have some troubles with backing up our Exchange Public Folders. We have a few calendars and few more contact list under Public Folder, everything seems to work properly. However my backup always fails with following error:

Backup- ASH-001Unable to attach to \\ASH-001\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders.
V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again. If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource.

I can see in History List that BE has backed up 114GB of our Exchange server and all email boxes are properly backed up.

I spent hours searching forums, google etc but no luck:(

Can anyone help please?:)

Best regards
Luu

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

JoaoMatos's picture

Hi,

I found an old Symantec forum article with a similar issue, I hope it helps

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/v-79-57344-33932-unable-attach-resource

If you did not read it before...

Regards,

JoaoMatos

Regards,

JoaoMatos

Hope this piece of Information Helps you... and if it does then mark this response as Solution....!!!

Zahid.Haseeb's picture

Would you kindly share Activity Monitor. Also see the below link, it may help you

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH44436

Any comment will be appreciated. Mark as Solution if your query is resolved

zahidhaseeb.wordpress.com

Mahesh Roja's picture

Just check have you deleted any mailbox before removing it from the selection list. create new selection list and set then see the status

If this Info helps to resolve the issue please Mark as Solution

Thanks

Mahesh Roja's picture

Any update

If this Info helps to resolve the issue please Mark as Solution

Thanks