Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

BE 2012 - Is it possible to specify 'only backup files created in last 24 hours'?

Created: 28 Feb 2013 • Updated: 08 May 2013 | 5 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi all,

I think the title says it all really.  Is it possible to specify my backup jobs so that they only backup files created within the last 24 hours (or a similar time period)?

Any help appreciated.

many thanks

Operating Systems:

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

Yes. Right-click on the server,  use the exclude section and select file not assessed within a certain period. Also, check the Only modified file checkbox.

twshelpdesk's picture

Hi there, thanks for your reply but I am having some trouble finding this option.

Would you mind being a bit more specific please as I cannot find this option when I right click on the server (BE 2012).

pkh's picture

Sorry.  Click on the Edit button on the left-hand pane which shows the selection list.  On the next screen, right-click on the server and select Include/Exclude.  There are various combinations.  You might have to play with the combinations to get what you want.

twshelpdesk's picture

Thanks.  I have had a look at the options and am struggling to work out exactly what I need.

The 'Files Dated:' option is too rigid as I am not looking to include/exclude files within a certain date period.

The 'Files not accessed in 'X' days' in intriguing but I am not 100% sure this is what I am looking for as 'files accessed' seems like an unusal phase to use.

twshelpdesk's picture

I have decided to do this via file type, which hopefully will work for me.

SOLUTION