Video Screencast Help

BE 2012 Licensing issue

Created: 17 Aug 2012 • Updated: 21 Aug 2012 | 4 comments
Jeff Foglietta's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hey gang...

Have a strange problem going on with 2012 licensing. This is a new installation and I am constantly getting a license error regarding the Library Expansion Option which IS licensed and shows green in the GUI. Has anyone seen this ?? I need to get this fixed pronto so I can close out this engagement. I have tried removing the licenses and restarting the services in trial mode and re-adding the licenses to no avail. I cannot figure out why this warning continues to haunt me. The library is working just fine but I'm concerned that once the trial period is expired the library will no longer be able to function within BE..

Any thoughts are welcome

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Jeff Foglietta's picture

Further info ... This is a warning only.. not an error. The message warns of not seeing the Library Expansion Option and instructs to disable 1 of the tape drives. The tape unit is a Dell TL4000 Autoloader ...

Jeff Foglietta

Practice Lead - Data Protection and High Availability

VJware's picture

Would you confirm if you have added the actual license or just the maintenance serial number for the Library Expansion Option ?

Currently, how many drives are you using...Also, try removing & re-installing the LEO license..

Jeff Foglietta's picture

I think I may have found the problem.. Some strange happenings here. In checking the installed licenses for BE 2012 the GUI displays the Library Expansion Option is installed and licensed. When checking the actual licenses that are installed I don't see a license for the Library Expansion Option. I'm fairly certain this is a separate license and not part of a bundle so it seems that the GUI is reporting erroneous information.

Jeff Foglietta

Jeff Foglietta's picture

All ... It is confirmed.. There is a glitch in the GUI for BE 2012 with the way it shows licenses. As stated above, the Library Expansion Option shows licensed and installed within the GUI. This is wrong. As we all know an additional license is required.. I didn't give the license a second thought when I saw the option in the GUI was all green.. For the future I won't be putting any faith in the BE 2012 license reporting. Check your .slf file and be sure all your required licenses are there.

Jeff Foglietta

SOLUTION