BE: SDR Disk won't boot in EFI mode
Hi there ,
I made some progress into restoring an AD with a Simplified Disaster Recovery solution. But right now I'm stuck with a weird issue.
The test was made on a fake AD, with a fake domain, on a Windows server 2008 R2.
Here are my steps so far :
- I downloaded the 64bit SDR iso from symantec.com
- I made a full backup of my AD on a physical Dell server (including EFI Partition, System state, C: drive and drivers)
- Next, I created a SDR .iso from the original ISO. and the information file (.DR ) of my Dell server.
- It went good, and I burned the iso to a disk
- I've messed up the AD and the C: drive (to clearly see if recovery works)
And now, I try to boot on the disk with EFI boot mode,but it won't work, hence this error :
Please ensure compatible bootable media is available.
Use the system setup program to change de boot mode as needed.
Strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for the system setup, F11 for boot manager.
BUT, if I try to boot on the disk, with the BIOS boot mode, the Backup Exec SDR Manager boot correctly, I can proceed until I get the following error :
firmware types do not matchfor the restore operation to continue the backup firmware type and the current firmware type must match