BE2010 Cataloged tape, zero errors log has files but can't restore
It's a cliche but I've never EVER had issues restoring before. I have one particular tape that I did an archive backup (i.e. backup, verify, then delete)
The tape had no errors, zero.The job completed some weeks ago with again (no errors) I went to do a restore on some of the files and got the "the selected media was not found in the catalogs".
So I inventoried the tape. Then I Cataloged the tape and an 1:02 hours later the logs say
Byte count : 327,531,951,757 bytes Rate : 5,154.00 MB/Min
Files : 98,759 Directories : 7,943 Skipped files : 0 Corrupt files : 0 Files in use : 0 and I try to restore again and get the same "no catalog message.
After this I shut down BE services, renamed the catalog directory, turned off "use storage based media catalogs" and 1:06 hours later again got
the above "success" and 327 gb.
but THE RESTORE DOESN'T FIND ANYTHING. I get to the server, drive letter, share and no files.
If I had a tape error this would make sense. This makes NO sense and I'm totally stuck.
Did I miss something. Otherwise there's 327 gb of data on one tape that sits and looks at me but I can't get to.