Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

BE2010 VSS errors (34108 and 65033)

Created: 12 Feb 2014 • Updated: 30 Mar 2014 | 3 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi all.

I have server (not virtual) with W2k3 and BE2010. А week ago I decided to expand one of the disks on the server. Before i had: D - data for backup, E - BEDATA with B2D bkf-files. Now i have only E (moved data from D to E, deleted D, in BE list recheck data for backup to E). After these operations, I have a problem:

1)  V-79-57344-34108 - An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all snapped volumes are correctly resynchronized with the original volumes

2) V-79-57344-65033 - Directory AAA was not found, or could not be accessed

3) Unable to open some items  - skipped / This corrupted file cannot verify.

4) In system log:

Event ID: 25
Source:  volsnap
Level: Error
Description:  The shadow copies of volume E: were deleted because the shadow copy storage could not grow in time.  Consider reducing the IO load on the system or choose a shadow copy storage volume that is not being shadow copied.

I am using the AOFO options on backup job (Automatically select open file technology). Shadow copies were never enabled for all disks. "vssadmin list writers" - all stable, no errors. "vssadmin list shadows" - no item. "vssadmin list shadowstorage" - volume E: (used - 0, allocated - 0, max - unbounded).

How to fix this?

Ty

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

sidd3009's picture

You might want to refer to the following: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH68575 and http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH153951

Regards,

Siddhant Saini
Advanced Technical Support Engineer, Symantec Corporation 
www.symantec.com

pkh's picture

Have you tried re-creating your jobs?

Serhi84's picture

Ty for answers. In one of the articles mentioned that the disk with shadow copies and disk with data for backup must be different. So, the commands that helped me:

vssadmin delete shadowstorage /for=e: /on=e:

vssadmin add shadowstorage /for=e: /on=c: /maxsize=90%

Today there are no errors after backup.

SOLUTION