BE2010/Exchange 2010 can't connect to mailstores
I have a BE2010 server (stand-alone) running on 2008R2. I also have an Exchange 2010/2008R2 server. The mail backup was running fine until I installed hotfix 348284 to fix the restore issues...
The final error in the Job log is as follows:
Error category : Resource ErrorsError : e0000f04 - The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not be running the Backup Exec
Remote Agent for Windows/Linux. Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-3844
But that's a lie, because beremote is indeed running on the Exchange box. I can see from the not-very-human-readable beremote log that it found all of our mailstores, and doesn't seem to suggest any specific failures on the remote agent side, but I can attach this log if anyone wants to see it.
From the selection list, I can connect to everything else on the mail server except the mailstores. In the existing job, if I run a credentials check, it successfully connects to the server but fails with "resource not found" on the mailstores.
I've tried deleting and recreating the logon account in BE, created a new job/selection list, checked all the permissions, restarted services, and rebooted both servers (can't reboot Exchange again any time soon, but BE can be rebooted any time as it's a stand-alone box).
Here's where it gets weird: If I do a test run, it completes successfully, and it passes the credentials check on the three mailstores I'm trying to backup.
Help, please! :)