Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

BE2010R3 - Job history is not displayed

Created: 28 Feb 2014 | 9 comments

yesterday 1 backup-job failed and I wanted to check the job-history (e.g. BEX_Sxx_1234.xml) but the window didn't open. 

BE: 2010 R3 with SP4

This server is the primary server, cause he shares the tape-drive with a second server. on the second-server the job-history of

each jobs appears without any problem. Run the

-)diag-utility,

-)repaired the db,

-)rebuild the indices

and

-) repaired the installation of be201r3,

but still no good. You see the second window in the attached pics,

but it want come into foreground (s65.jpg), like normally (s100.jpg).

Jobs are still working, but it is odd to check the jogb-history in the

xml-file instead of the gui.

Operating Systems:

Comments 9 CommentsJump to latest comment

sidd3009's picture

Can you perform a repair of MSXML? 

Regards,

Siddhant Saini
Advanced Technical Support Engineer, Symantec Corporation 
www.symantec.com

bandit61's picture

I'm not sure what you mean with MSXML-repair. Could you please provide more details?

thanks

sidd3009's picture

First, refer to this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973687 . Then download this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7434 . After that, perform a Repair Installation of Backup Exec again and then check if it works. 

Regards,

Siddhant Saini
www.symantec.com

bandit61's picture

not successful, used the debug monitor under tools/support Utilities/ and tried to open the job properties on the primary notworking server (S65.txt) and the same on the secondary and still working one (s110.txt). maybe these files tell more.

AttachmentSize
s65.txt 2.45 KB
s110.txt 15.84 KB
bandit61's picture

If i connect from the S110 (secondary server) to the S65 (primary server) over Network/Connect to Media Server, i can open the job properties and see the joblog as usual. This shows me, that jobs and joblog are created correctly, just the way to display them is broken on S65.

sidd3009's picture

...and we have already performed a repair of the Primary Server. I did review the logs but was unable to find much. Could you please log a call with Symantec Suppor to get the issue diagnosed further? 

Regards,

Siddhant Saini
www.symantec.com

lmosla's picture

also make sure you have enough space available on the drive.

bandit61's picture

on S65 we have a c- and d-drive, each of them with more than 60gb free space. on s100 we only have a c-drive with about 60gb free space. our c-system-drives normally get around 120gb if they are app-server and not used for hyper-v, so there is always more than enough space for pagefile.