Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

BE2010R3SP2 - Backup Jobs Starting up as Queued

Created: 22 Apr 2013 • Updated: 29 Apr 2013 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I have about 6 active jobs currently.  Only two are running and everything else is queued.  All the jobs are set to Backup2Disk and some of them are using different network ports.  Not sure why the jobs are queued.  When I right-click on the job, there's nothing telling me why it's queued.

My server used to be able run a couple of jobs at once (more than 2) before my SAN died on me.  I've since rebuilt the SAN, could it be the way I built the SAN that it's only allowing one job to write to it at a time?  I'm guessing at this because the two jobs that are currently running are writing to different places and all the other jobs that are queued are set to write to my newly rebuilt SAN.  Any ideas?

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

teiva-boy's picture

What is your concurrent write settings set to on your B2D properties?

There is an online portal, save yourself the long hold times. Create ticket online, then call in with ticket # in hand :-) http://mysupport.symantec.com "We backup data to restore, we don't backup data just to back it up."

Nuri Inuki's picture

Concurrent write is set to 5, but all my jobs uses their own B2D device.  As of writing this post, there is only one job running (writing to my NAS) and 7 jobs queued (all set to write to my SAN).  Doesn't say why. :(

VJware's picture

Is the option to automatically display new alerts enabled from Tools - Options - Preferences ?

Was any .bkf file/s ever manually deleted from the B2Ds ? Any errors in the Event Viewer ?

Nuri Inuki's picture

I found the issue.  We lost our SAN, which means all our B2D's were lost.  I had to go into the media option and removed all those media from BE's database so it can create new ones instead of trying to find the old one to overwrite.

My alert option was disabled. If it was enabled, would it have told me it was looking for the old B2D files?

SOLUTION